- a selection of beautiful fabrics. I have used a fat 1/4 pack of fabrics from Penny Rose Fabrics called â€˜English Roseâ€™. I have also added a couple of extra fat 1/4â€™s of my favourites from the range. Fabric requirements can differ great depending on the amount of fussy cutting and size of the pattern repeat. 4.5m to 5.0m of fabric in a selection of scale, print size and tone is a good start. This project is also suitable to use a large variety of scraps.
- â€˜The New Hexagon Perpetual Calendarâ€™ by Katja Marek. All blocks and templates are based on this calendar. At Sewn Together we respect the rights of the authors so every participant must own their own copy of the calendar. No measurements will be given in the tutorials except for the filler blocks and joining diamonds.
- paper for creating EPP pieces. My preference is to use 120gsm paper which is a slightly weight than regular photocopy paper. In Australia, this paper is readily available at Officeworks which is a large office supplies chain store.
- mylar or template plastic for drawing template master copies. You will also need a fine point permanent marker suitable for marking this plastic.
- freezer paper – not essential but great to use when cutting multiple shapes the same size.
- glue stick and refills. My preference is for the Sewline Brand.
- sewing thread in a neutral colour such as grey or tan. I use and recommend Bottom Line Thread by Superior Threads. This is a strong thread and is also very fine so blends well with all colours. Choose a thread colour which will blend with your chosen fabrics.
- hand sewing needles. I like to use a Milliners needle in a size 11. Try a few different needles until you find the one you like best.
- rotary cutter, quilters ruler and mat, fabric scissors and other general sewing supplies
All supplies are available from our sponsor Sewco Sewing and Patchwork at Macgregor, Brisbane Australia. Most of the above supplies are available from their online store www.sewco.com.au. If you are unable to find them in the store or require shipping and postage information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Precut EPP paper packs will soon be available from www.sewntogether.com.au. Packs will be available for the EPP papers for each of the blocks used in this quilt. They will be packaged as a bulk pack for each calendar month but will not contain any labeling or construction instructions. You will need to use your calendar to ascertain the correct templates for each block. All template packs can be posted internationally.